Free Shipping On Orders Over £50
Lemon Drizzle Loaf
- 225g butter, softened
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 225g self-raising flour
For the topping
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 90g caster sugar
1 baking loaf tin
- Preheat oven on Fan 160°C. Base line with non-stick paper and butter the loaf dish.
- Beat together the butter and caster sugar with attachment C blade until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Fold in the flour and the lemon zest and mix until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared container and level the surface.
- Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking, mix together the lemon juice and caster sugar to make a thick drizzle.
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Prick the warm cake all over with a cocktail stick and spoon over all of the drizzle. serve cut into slices.
Makes 10 slices