Free Shipping On Orders Over £50
Courgette, Pea and Mint Fritters
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 large free-range egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 100g frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small bunch mint, finely chopped
- vegetable oil, for frying
- freshly ground black pepper
For the lime pickle and yogurt dip
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp lime pickle
- Season the courgette with sea salt and set aside on plate.
- Using the Bamix c blade, blend together the eggs, baking powder, flour and cumin in a large bowl and season with black pepper.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the courgette over the sink, then add the courgette and peas to the batter along with the chopped mint.
- Heat enough oil to just cover the bottom of a large frying pan, over a medium-high heat.
- Drop in heaped tablespoons of the courgette mixture, flattening them with the back of the spoon to make fritters. Fry each one for 1–2 minutes, or until golden-brown on each side. Set the fritters to drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- To make the dip, stir together the yoghurt and lime pickle in a small bowl.
- Serve the fritters with the lime dip.