Free Shipping On Orders Over £50.
Upside down almond, polenta and citrus cake
- 200g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1tsp almond extract
- 200g ground almonds
- 100g polenta
- 2 tsp baking powder
- x1 blood orange sliced thinly
- x1 orange sliced thinly
- x1 lime sliced thinly
You will need: a springform cake tin, greaseproof paper.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a 23cm (9in) springform cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar with Multipurpose blade and mix for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between additions. Then add the almond extract and whisk for 2 minutes until fully incorporated.
- Place the ground almonds, polenta, and baking powder in a separate bowl and mix well. Lightly fold the dry mixture into the butter, sugar, and egg mixture until just smooth.
- Line the bottom of the cake tin with the prepared citrus fruits.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin, smooth over the surface
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with only a few crumbs. Leave the cake in the tin to cool slightly. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.